Safetybags® by DaklaPack
The pouches are easy to close. They are sequentially numbered and incorporate a tamper-evident seal to ensure ease of identification and security throughout the chain of custody.
The pouch is made of strong transparent polyethylene, and is guaranteed to keep liquid inside
Easy to close Safetybags®
simply removing the backing strip and applying even pressure across the strip, the pouch is then hermetically sealed. In combination with the transport blister, the PolyMed mailing envelope and sufficient absorbent material, this composition complies with the packaging regulations (P650 and P959).
We would be happy to quote you for various formats and for printing, on request.
UN3373 Standard – Key Requirements
The P650 packaging instructions for liquid substances state:-
- The primary receptacle(s) shall be leak proof and must not contain more than 1L liquid, and not contain more than 1kg solid.
- The secondary packaging shall be leak proof for liquids; (DaklaPack's Safetybags)
- If multiple fragile primary receptacles are placed in a single secondary packaging, they shall be either individually wrapped or separated to prevent contact between them; (DaklaPack's Absorbing sheets + tube holders)
- If liquid, absorbent material shall be placed between the primary receptacles(s) and the secondary packaging. The absorbent material shall be in quantity sufficient to absorb the entire contents of the primary receptacle(s) so that any release of the liquid substance will not compromise the integrity of the cushioning material or of the outer packaging;
- The outer packaging must be rigid and must not contain more than 4L liquid or 4kg solid.
- One surface of the outer packaging must measure at least 100mm x 100mm (DaklaPack's boxes and shipping solutions are fully conform)
- if there is any doubt as to whether or not residual liquid may be present in the primary receptacle during transport, then a packaging suitable for liquids, including absorbent materials, must be used.